Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Yoga instructor 91 year old breaks record

If you've ever wondered about what the benefits of yoga, just to see Bernice Bates , a woman aged 91 who has just broken a world record for being the oldest Yoga instructor in the world. Surprisingly, Bernie, as his students call it, is almost as flexible as it was when he was 40 and has no single health problem. For 50 years, Bernie has been a teacher of yoga. Last Thursday, the woman who lives in St. Petersburg, Fla., set a new Guinness World Record, but she is quite modest about their abilities. "I'm sure there must be a type of 100 years in India who can beat me," Bates told HuffPost Weird News .

Bates says he has been practicing yoga since 1960, and that while his achievement is special, we must give credit also to the "kids" who gives classes once a week, which are nothing but a group of sixties who follow in their footsteps. "I think it's a team effort," she said. "If these guys had not have done it." Many times I have heard about the benefits of yoga, but never practiced this discipline, but until two weeks ago I started taking classes. I am slowly discovering how flexible and strong that they can become every muscle in my body, and also as an example I have a teacher who happens to be walking around 50 years. She looks strong and healthy, and I trust that if I keep practicing yoga with discipline I expect the same future. My teacher, Bernie Bates and all adults who practice yoga are certainly a source of inspiration. Do not you think?

What's New!

Blog Archive